- In the App Store, download the OverDrive Media Console.
- When you open the app for the first time, it will ask you to enter or create an Adobe ID. Follow the instructions to create an ID and authorize your iPad.
- Tap “Add a library” and search for Uxbridge.
- Tap the star to save C/W MARS as your library system.
- Now, whenever you tap “C/W MARS” under “My Libraries,” the app will open the C/W MARS catalog. Sign in with your library card number.
- You can search for a specific book or browse by category.
- When you are browsing or
looking at your search results, several filters appear in the left hand
column. To limit your results to eBooks and audiobooks that can be read
and played on an iPad, tap “Device” and choose “iPad.”
- When you have found a book you
would like to check out, tap it. If it is already checked out, you can
place it on hold, or, if it is available, tap “Borrow.”
- The book now appears on your Bookshelf in the catalog. Download it as an EPUB book.
- To start reading, go to your Bookshelf in the OverDrive app, and tap the cover.
Other great OverDrive features:
- There are no overdue fines. When your book is due, the app automatically returns it.
- Want to set up OverDrive for
another device, like your smartphone, MP3 player, eReader, or another
tablet? Follow the instructions under “Get started with ...” at help.overdrive.com. You just need the same Adobe ID you used to authorize your iPad.
- If you have cards in other library systems, you can access their eBooks on OverDrive as well. For example, if you have a Boston Public Library eCard, you can add the BPL to your list of libraries and check out eBooks from their collection.
- You can also look for and check out books at digitalcatalog.cwmars.org. Then, either download the book in the OverDrive app or use the “Read in browser” option.
Problems? Questions? Bring your iPad and library card number and talk to Ms. Charpentier or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.