Welcome

Welcome to the Uxbridge High School Library!  Before introducing myself, I would first like to extend a huge thank you to Mr. Sweeney who has been instrumental in helping me get acclimated here at the UHS library.  My name is Mrs. Fournier and I will be replacing Mr. Sweeney this year, as he enjoys retirement and continues in his position as Reference Librarian at the Worcester Public Library.  I know I have some big shoes to fill and he will be missed!

To tell you a little bit about myself, I did my undergrad at the University of Delaware and my graduate work at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.  After working in healthcare for several years, I went back to school and received my MS degree in Library and Information Science from Simmons College in Boston.  I come to UHS from Northern Essex Community College in Lawrence, MA where I had been working as a Reference and Instruction Librarian.  I am very excited to be here at UHS and look forward to meeting all of you.  I am an avid reader of young adult literature and have ordered some great new titles for the fall; I hope you will stop by and check them out.  As I get a little more settled here, I will be reviewing some of these titles and will post those reviews here on the blog.  I would love to also post student reviews, so if you are a person that loves to read and likes to write about what you've read, please see me.  We'd all love to hear your thoughts!

Please don't hesitate to approach me with any library or research questions you may have.  I am here to help and love answering reference questions.  The library will be a tremendous resource to you during your years at UHS and I'd like it to be place you feel comfortable.  I would love to hear your suggestions for the library - if there are particular authors you like, certain genres you prefer, or specific research topics that are of interest to you, tell me about them.  I'd like to continue developing the library's collection to meet those needs as this is YOUR library.  

And don't forget to check out the "New at the Library" tab up top...this is just a small list of what's here now, some more great fiction, nonfiction, and graphic novel titles are on the way!