New Nonfiction

New Nonfiction is in at the library!  My personal favorites include Let Me Play: The Story of Title IX: The Law that Changed the Future of Girls in America and Rotten English: A Literary Anthology

In 1972, Congress passed Title IX which stated that any school receiving money from the government could not treat boys and girls differently because of their gender.  Quickly, Title IX came to be most well known for its ruling that schools sponsoring sports for boys were required to sponsor sports for girls too.  I can't really imagine what my high school years would have been like without those grueling after school swim practices/meets and the friends I made on that swim team, friends I still have to this day in fact.  Any UHS female athletes should check this book out!

Rotten English is a literary anthology that offers an overview of some of the best well-known English works of literature that were once termed "dialect literature."  Examples of "dialect literature" include slang, creole, and patois.  I am looking for a student to review this, please see me if you are interested!

Almost Astronauts: 13 Women Who Dared to Dream
An American Plague: The True and Terrifying Story of the Yellow Fever Epidemic of 1793
Claudette Colvin: Twice Towards Justice
Chasing Lincoln's Killer: The Search for John Wilkes Booth